27 July 2011

Tower Hamlets Project - PAYP paralympic sports Day


Zoe Ward and her team (DiJe and Tahmina) put on a really fantastic community event yesterday at Mile End Stadium, East London. Over 140 people turned up to compete in various athletics events, from boccia, adaptive shot-put to 100m sprint and 4person team relay.

Darren Harris (former Paralympic Judo player and 2012 Goalball hopeful) and I represented the DKH Legacy Trust, encouraging participants and having the honor of presenting medals. It was a thoroughly enjoyable and brilliantly organized day.

The atmosphere was relaxed and inclusive, I was impressed at the numbers of participants am sure that everyone enjoyed the event. I even had my hand painted with henna and had a go at adaptive golf (not as easy as it sounds)!

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, the Young Leaders never cease to amaze me with their maturity, effort and organizational skills! What a great team, supported by Simon Stevens from V, well done 2012 Young Leaders!

No comments: