16 November 2012

Thank you Rotary!


I would like to say a heartfelt thank you to Warwick Rotary Club who have sponsored my monoski costing £4700! Your support has enabled me to have world class equipment and will help me to represent Great Britain to the best of my ability on the international circuit and hopefully to qualify and get picked for the GB Paralympic team for the 2014 Sochi Paralympics in Russia.

This seasons' races start next Friday and Saturday in Snowworld in Landgraaf, Holland, a large indoor snowdome. After that, I will travel with the British Disabled Ski Team to Obergurgl then Pitztal, Austria and Lenk, Switzerland to compete on the Europa Cup circuit in my excellent new kit.

The pressure is on as Paralympic selection will depend on results this December, but training has been going well, I am looking forward to racing, fit and ready to race!

I would also like to thank Stratford upon Avon Rotary Club for their generous donation towards my training. I have now enjoyed speaking to the aforementioned clubs as well as Rotarua Rotary Club, New Zealand and last week I was stopped by a German Rotarian on the pistes! Thank you Rotarians for your interest and support.

Please see the following article from the Warwick Courier: http://www.warwickcourier.co.uk/news/local/anna-inspires-rotary-club-1-4314544

The British Disabled Ski Team was also in Sky Sports News on Monday, here is the link:
http://www.skysports.com/specialreport

1 comment:

James said...

Hi,
Will you please post a link to your Blog at The Skiing Community? Our members will love it.
It's free and easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website. You can also add Photos, Videos, Classifieds and News Articles if you like.
Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
Please feel free to share as often and as much as you like.
The Skiing Community: http://www.vorts.com/skiing
I hope you consider sharing with us.
Thank you,
James Kaufman, Editor

Than k you for all you do and for inspiring the rest of us!!!!

j