24 June 2010

Team Super Schools Talks

I am having so much fun doing talks in schools! Today I worked in Bristol with Team Super Schools in a couple of primary schools, which is a great initiative set up by Darren Campbell, to encourage children into exercise by making it fun and to be fit and healthy, whilst raising money for schools and athletes. Click on the title to find out more about TSS.

The children have so much energy and enthusiasm for life, and I was really pleased with their almost undivided attention during my talks in the assemblies. They come out with some great questions (Would you snowboard again if you could? Do you wish you hadn't broken your back? What other equipment is available to enable you to do other sports? How fast can you go?) But as yet, no children have questioned the fact that I went back up the mountain after doing myself so much damage in a very similar sport. Perhaps children understand my pure passion for snow sports or simply haven't really learned much about fear yet. Either way, the energy and inquisitive minds are most refreshing.

No comments: