17 February 2012

Rose and Crown raises £1300 for Anna's Paralympic Ski Equipment

The Rose and Crown is ace, I can't believe we raised £1300 towards my new monoski, we are nearly a third the way towards raising the £4500 it costs.

Last weekend's Fundraising Sunday Roast was a huge success. Thanks so much to Jez, Jonathon and the Rose team, and to everyone who came including Warwick's mayor, Trudy...

local MP Chris White

Jackie and Bryan from Advocacy Matters Charity (for whom I'm proud to be patron)

and friends and family who came from as far away as Brighton!
I really appreciate your support, without which I wouldn't have won the medals or raced in the Paralympics. The new monoski will really help my skiing and I cannot wait to order it, only just over £3000 more needed...!

The Rose chef made a beautiful Valentine's cake to raffle, and great prizes were generously donated for the silent auction including a flight over Warwick in a two seater plane, Warwick Castle tickets and Spanish lunch at Catalan.

Everyone had a ski hat to wear for Jez and Jonathon's games...

and Auntie Norma won a Diva Hair Voucher (thanks Diva!)





The Rose's renowned Roast dinner was enjoyed by all!

Manager Jez and Chris White talked about the fundraising plans with the Rose and making connections with companies and people in Warwick. I talked about my path to gold in the Sochi 2014 Winter Paralympics and how sponsors and support from friends and family have helped me achieve great results so far.

Good food and drink was followed with a fab performance from the band, a huge thank you to all involved!

No comments: