9 June 2011
After cycling 110 long miles - further than ever before - from Bristol to Shrewsbury, the boys certainly appreciated cousin Joanna's warm welcome.
I joined the team in Shrewsbury where we enjoyed a 'recovery swim' with Isabelle and Frank, a delicious supper and comfy bed, and a celebratory glass of bubbly!
Dave's bike was fixed (aka bent back into shape) and cousin Sarah joined us for a coffee before the boys headed out in the rain for a 'gentle 60' to Knutsford.
Latest news from Luke and Dave:
"In the industrial North! Crossed the Manchester Ship Canal and Mersey this morning. Now in Preston for lunch. Hopefully quickly to Lancaster after lunch then a climb to Kendal to finish."
Sadly Vanessa could not get time off work to join in the fun - you are missed V! xx
Thank you SO MUCH to all supporters for your generosity and interest! I cannot believe how much they have raised - it will be a huge help to me. I am enjoying being back and working hard in the gym in preparation for winning medals next winter... and onto the Sochi Paralympics!
I saw this sign in the Museum of Iron, Ironbridge, where I had a meeting (and tour) regarding a talk I'm doing for charity up there next month, and thought it rather apt!
- ► 2012 (12)
- Summer of a Lifetime has Started!
- Over £2500 raised for Charity as Luke and Dave Rea...
- Video footage from Scotland
- Dave and Luke have reached Scotland!
- Half Way! Luke and Dave Fundraising for Spinal Res...
- Luke and Dave Hit the North!
- 85 miles today but easy riding!
- Only 733 Miles to go!
- Courageous Cyclists make it to Exeter
- Land's End to John O'Groats
- Olympic Park
- ▼ June (11)
- ► 2010 (37)
- ► 2009 (20)
- ► 2008 (12)