19 May 2010

Oundle School Support

I've just got back from Oundle School, where I was interviewed by student journalists from The Oundelian, who plan to write a piece about me in this student run magazine. These pupils have far to go, good luck to them! I'm looking forward to seeing what they have to say!

It was lovely to see my tutor, Mrs Smedley and meet the Headmaster, Charles Bush. The school ethos of personality development and hard work doesn't seem to have changed. Oundle School certainly set me in good stead for life's challenges. It doesn't feel that long ago that I was there, running around with a hockey stick, or dressed in army uniform as a member of the Combined Cadet Force, building camps and polishing boots, trying to avoid getting caught breaking the rules (only the small and seemingly insignificant ones of course!).

The support I've received from the vast Oundle 'family' since becoming paralysed never ceases to surprise me. Sponsorship from both Mills and Reeve Law Firm and De Soutter Medical originated from Oundle roots. My old housemaster Mr Brittain and many fellow students have offered all sorts of support from friendly emails and donations to accommodation whilst I trained in the mountains. Lizzie Gent, Helen Barr, Caroline Bielby, Thorny and a great many others have been wonderfully supportive, thank you!

2 comments:

Michael Downes said...

Hello Anna
Didn't I teach you French, or try to? I must be dim or something, but I don't think I knew about your terrible accident. What a way you've come since those schooldays - I can feel the energy in your site, so keep going and I wish you all the best for masses of medals.

Samuel Taylor said...

Hi Anna,

It was great talking to you - you were the easiest interviewee ever and really helpful, chatty and fun to be with. I hope that the article is to your satisfaction, and wish you luck for the future!

Samuel