4 May 2010

Talks and Presentation Award Ceremonies
























Presented and won Sports Achievement Awards at Sport MK Awards this week (very exciting becoming a minor celebrity!)

Also did talks at two school events; the MK Playground to Podium Schools Event in Milton Keynes and Team Super Sports Challenge in Ridgeway School, Bedford with Larry Achike (men's triple jump - 7th in Beijing), he's predictably huge and very nice!

Sport is such a powerful medium through which to motivate and inspire young people. I sincerely hope the next government will encourage much more participation in sport in schools.

Keynskiers have been a great help with fundraising last year, and I enjoyed giving a presentation at their monthly meeting, a big thank you.

Also met and had lunch with Gail Emms at the David Lloyd Leisure Open day where I was demonstrating my monoski and talking about the Paralympics. I can't believe how many Olympic Champions I've met this week!

No comments: