4 May 2010

Anna's Paralympic Picture Story: Opening Ceremony to 6th in Slalom!






















What a ride! The Paralympics were truly the most amazing experience of my life, no medals this time but I'm proud to have represented GB so soon after becoming paralysed whilst snowboard racing.

Four years ago I was in a hospital bed with broken back, fractured ribs, punctured lung; miserable!
Three years ago I tried monoskiing for the first time; frustrated!
Two years ago I'd just finished my first monoskiing season; independent!
Last year I came 4th in the World Championships and won a silver and tow bronze medals in North America Cup (NORAM); competitive!
This year I won silver medals in the New Zealand Winter Games and NORAM, bronze in Europa Cup and came 6th in the slalom in the Paralympics; proud!

Next time I plan to be holding a gold medal, rather than a torch!

No comments: